Thursday 8 December 2011

Day 1: Arrive in Giza Egypt

After landing in the mystical country of Egypt, my friends and I found our hotel and had a long and well deserved sleep. The next morning, we woke up, excited to explore this country. Ever since I was in grade 4 and learned about the ancient Egyptians I have always wanted to go to Egypt and check out the Sphinx. Today, I got to live that dream. My friends and I boarded the tour bus at 8 am this morning and set off for the Sphinx. It was about a 25 min bus ride before we got there. Our tour guide took us to go and see the Great Pyramid of Khufu first.


Out of the three pyramids on site, it is the oldest and largest. Standing beside it made you feel like an ant! It stood about 480 feet high. Next, the tour guide led us to the Great Pyramid of Khafre.

This is the second largest pyramid but it looks pretty much the same as the first pyramid. Lastly, we finally got to see the Sphinx and it was worth the wait! Its made of limestone and has the body of a lion and the head of a human. My first impression was how old it looked. It seemed that if someone were to touch it that it would just crumble.


As we boarded the bus to go back to the hotel we glanced one last time at the gigantic sphinx. Tomorrow we are heading out to the Egyptian Museum!


No comments:

Post a Comment